The latest Google PR update has taken place today, on the 2nd of August 2012.
The last Google Page Rank update was in May and I have been expecting a PR update for a few weeks now. I first noticed it today at around 23:00 IST. While checking one of my old Internet Marketing websites Modulus Systems, I noticed the change in PR and then on visiting a few others and Google-talking a few friends in other countries, it was confirmed that there was a pagerank update.
This PR update has come in just about 3 months from the previous Google Pagerank update – which is the approximate frequency that Google also mentions in its webmaster guidelines. With the recent Pandas and Penguins and the constant threat of them two, this PR update will make things clear for a few webmasters.
Google Pagerank and its importance now a days: Go back 2-3 years and SEOs used to check their PRs everyday and telling someone you have a PR 7 site was a statement that needed no explanation. All that has changed in my view – Pagerank isn’t the defining factor for topping the SERPs anymore. Its importance with respect to ranking for your finest key-phrases isn’t the same anymore. It is still something that webmasters and SEOs check frequently and it continues to be an important factor when determining the authority and popularity of websites linking to you.
This PR update has been really beneficial for Kapil, a friend of mine who is into internet marketing and high PR link building and has seen a significant PR increase in most of his ongoing projects. Have you seen an increase in PR too?
We’ve interacted in the past on various platforms which you may/may not remember but that’s not very important right now.
I thought Google may be missing out on providing the highest quality of search results in India that it’s known for, based on what I’ll mention in the next couple of paragraphs.
The Panda update, although great for search experience for the general English speaking world, is not the best idea for a country like India because English is not the native language of most of India’s citizens. English is a secondary language for Indians (you probably noticed the grammatical irregularities during your recent visit to Hyderabad) and therefore, expecting very high quality of written English from “user driven” (not editorial) websites in India is futile. You won’t get that here.
In fact, most users write such bad English that we spend considerable time correcting grammar from their comments on our clients’ websites worrying that these sites might be penalised for bad English. However, this can’t be done for forums or other user generated content.
Examples from an Indian university Q&A website :
Example above: Bad grammar
Very Brief Case Study:
The result of these updates is that most websites that are based on user-user interaction with indexable content have disappeared off Google (or at least that’s what I’ve been noticing recently). A good example perhaps is: http://www.madras-university.in/ - a site that I built a few years ago because the official university website provided little or no information and a website that has now been adopted by the university and is one of the few reliable sources of information for students of the University of Madras (now Chennai). Every question is answered as accurately as possible by someone from the University but what are you going to do about the quality of English written by the question posters? This site has lost its ranking and so have innumerable others that are based on user content.
You’ve probably had this information before but I thought you needed to know in case you hadn’t.
My suggestion would be applying a milder version of the Panda to countries that have English as their second language so as to put it simply.
Posted October 26, 2011on:
Google is now advertising on London Underground or Tube as it’s popularly known. I saw these ads on a central line train in London today. Here are a couple of images taken from my iPhone. The advertisements in the Tube are about security, data protection and family protection mainly. Google have teamed up with the Citizens Advice Bureau and more information can be found on http://www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/. Google is not new to advertising on the tube and we’ve all seen those Google Chrome browser ads, but this time, it’s more philanthropic.
I was very surprised to see these ads on London trains. Why would Google be so kind? Google has been taking the UK more seriously recently with recent news of Google investing in an East London tech zone. Also, with Google’s purchase of of UK businesses like Beat that Quote, this may be an attempt at being seen as a household name, “not just for search”.
Have you seen these ads?
This is my first hand review of Electric Cigarettes – If you or someone you know is trying to quit smoking, then read on:
Right, so first of all you need to make your mind up to quit. Unless you have the motivation to quit, it’ll be hard – whether it’s fear of lung cancer (chances of which increase massively after the age of 34), fear of having an unhealthy baby, fear of bad skin, low stamina, fear of any other form of cancer (mouth, throat) or even fear of low sexual appetite or whether it’s a sudden awakening where you just want to be healthier, or you want to quit for a loved one – anything! To quit smoking you need motivation and once you have that, there are many things that can help you quit. Electric cigarettes are one of them.
Today I will review E-Lites – the electronic cigarette I have been using for some time now.
Once you decide to quit, it is natural for you to have nicotine cravings. Nicotine is the substance, found in tobacco that gets you addicted to cigarettes, whereas TAR is the substance produced when tobacco is burnt that gives you cancer. In order to deal with that nicotine craving, you may want to give your body nicotine in ways other than smoking real cigarettes and reduce its quantity gradually to completely lose nicotine addiction. Following are some popular nicotine replacement products:
- Nicotine patches – These are good, and I’ve tried these, but they give me a constant lump in my throat and when I do see my colleagues taking a cigarette break, I cannot resist. So for me – Nicotine patches fail.
- Nicotine chewing gum – Better, much better than nicotine patches. reason why nictone gum is better than nicotine patches is – you chew it when you feel the craving. Once you’ve chewed it, you know that you’ve taken some action to substitute for smoking. With a patch, you do nothing, it’s glued to your body and you’re constantly thinking of smoking (or at least that’s how I feel). So go ahead and buy some nicotine gum and see if that works for you. When your colleagues go for a cigarette break, you take your gum and go out for that break that your body is so used to. Nicotine gum – pass!
- Nicotine lozenges – same as nicotine chewing gum, except you don’t chew it, you suck it like a toffee.
- Nicotine inhalers (nose inhalers and mouth inhalers) – A very quick way of getting nicotine into your body using your lungs, in stead of mouth lining, which is used in case of gum and lozenges and your skin which is used in case of nicotine patches. Pass – you take action, take your attention off whatever you’re doing, take out your inhaler, inhale and you feel you’ve done what’s required to give your body nicotine.
- Non nicotine based quitting techniques like acupuncture, yoga etc – I can’t comment on these as I haven’t tried them, but I have a friend who found great success with acupuncture.
- Nicotine Mouth Sprays (you may have heard about Nicorette – for every cigarette, there’s a Nicorette) – I have used Nicorette and I can tell you it is one of the worst tasting nicotine replacement products. A big FAIL, I’m afraid. Many of my friends couldn’t use it after the first spray and if you have a slight cut in your tongue, (as I did once) God help you bear the pain.
- Electronic Cigarettes – Electric cigarettes are battery operated gadgets that have something called an atomiser and a nicotine carrying gel. The atomiser breaks the gel into very fine smoke-like gaseous particles that can be inhaled and look like smoke. This is probably not the most accurate definition if you’re looking to get in to the science bit – please Google it. The atomiser and battery remain, but the nicotine gel runs out and needs replacing once in a while. I have only tried E-Lites and I have to say – E-cigarettes are the easiest and most innovative solution to quit smoking. Here’s why:
- It takes time to smoke - When you smoke an E-cigarette, it takes you 2-3 minutes until you start feeling you’ve had enough. Most of us smoke cigarettes socially – smoking gives us a break, an opportunity to get away from work, talk with colleagues, just an overall better feeling. All forms of nicotine replacement change that. With electric cigarettes however, you can still go out for that little break without giving yourself cancer.
- It gives you that “back of the throat” push like real cigarettes do – I did try one non-electronic tobacco-less cigarette once and the main reason why I couldn’t stick to it was – it didn’t give me the smoke punch that a real cigarette does. E-Lites are miraculous because these guys have been able to generate smoke thick enough to give that back of the throat push.
- It is cheaper – Don’t know by how much etc. Please go to E-Lites website to see their packages, but this is way cheaper than buying a 20 pack for 7.50 pound sterling.
- It feels like a real cigarette – You hold it like a real cigarette, it gives out smoke like a real cigarette. It is about 5 times heavier though (because of the in-built battery).
- These usually come in various flavours – Although E Lites only do normal cigarette and menthol flavours, other E-cigarette companies do various other flavours like apple, grape, clove, menthol, coffee, cherry, blueberry etc.
- Leaves you with no excuse to continue smoking – People who continue to smoke, to me are just losers. This is as close as you can get to real smoking without getting cancer – what else do you want!! Excuses like “It’s not the same” are just loser talk. Of course it’s not the same, it’s an electronic representation to help YOU live longer! lol!
Electric Cigarettes - PASS!
As I said, first find the motivation to quit and then go ahead and buy yourself an electronic cigarette (don’t buy the disposable ones, buy the rechargeable ones) and quit smoking. Please! Do yourself and your family this favour – live! Quitting smoking has never been this easy. Good luck!
Going through this post and reading the comment at the bottom, it makes me realise how deep rooted corruption is in India. It is a shame how every common man is forced to participate in it. Good post – very simple question – do you have the answer?
via Jago India
In the age of globalization offices do not have boundaries and time zones. One has to be present 24/7 and the sun never sets as the other part of the globe is working. Hence it has almost become a necessity to have a home office workspace. A basic home office will need home office furniture collections to make your work comfortable and organized. Read the article to know more about home office furniture collections.
Home Office Furniture Collections
When people go to work, they shouldn’t have to leave their hearts at home. ~Betty Bender. There was a time when people would go to offices, do their job and come back home happily. But in this day and age, things are different, globalization has changed the way people work, with limitless working hours and deadlines to be completed at odd times. It requires employees to go that extra mile, and hence almost everyone carries office work to home. It is thus practical and ideal to have a home office where one can work in the vicinity of their comforts and also enjoy quality time with family. To make your home office functional and comfortable you will require home office furniture collections. The basic things required for home office is the space and home office furniture collections. These include a table, chair and cabinets. If you have enough budgets for your home office furniture collections then you can add more luxury and higher end fittings according to your choices. If you think you want to invest sensibly in comfortable and functional home office furniture collections then you can opt for budget furniture.
How To Buy Home Office Furniture Collections
A home office sounds very exciting and one cannot include a typical office décor at home. It is different in the sense that home office furniture collections have to be designed in such a way that the home office matches up with the rest of home décor. Home office furniture collections must as well as provide structured and comfortable working environment. A professional design of the home office will surely bring out the sincerity and organized way of working at home. Home office furniture collections will include a chair, computer desk, storage cabinets and maybe a bookshelf to make it functional and complete. One vital thing that you have to keep in mind when buying home office furniture collections is the space that you have for a home office. A small space area would require sleek and foldable home office furniture collections as bulky and heavy crafted furniture will mar the look of the room and will be overwhelming with regard to space. You might find yourself tempted to buy attractive and higher end designs for home office furniture collections but budget, size and space might held you back. There is nothing to get gloomy as you have wide range of home office furniture collections for every budget, taste, design, patterns and sizes to choose from. You can either buy home office furniture collections from malls, local markets, used furniture sellers, classifieds or online shops. To increase the efficiency and productivity of work from home it is important to keep the color and design of the home office furniture collections to gel with home décor as matching colors and ergonomic design will help the home office provide an effective visual outlook and also keep your general health in check. Home office furniture collections should be of ergonomically standards as too much of heighted furniture items can cause back ache or too wide a table or too near might cause strain to your eyes. Proper lighting at the work space area of the home office is an important factor as you do not want to doze away due to dim lights or cause undue strain to the eye because of light directly falling on the eyes.
Home Office Furniture
- To set up a home office the first important thing is decide the space in your house and décor it with comfortable home office furniture collections. It can be a corner of your bedroom, a garage, a store room, or simply an extra unused room. Whatever be it first have a layout design of the space for you work area.
- Eliminate all the clutter and unwanted and unused things from the working space. Once you have an area to set up a home office, it is time to decide for your home office furniture collections.
- A lot of people use the dining table and chair as computer table, but in the long run it is not comfortable and the environment is unsuitable for office work as lot of activity and disturbances can happen. Important papers and files might get displaced from moving from place to place and it makes sense to have a workspace to you with complete home office furniture collections.
- A proper desk, chair, storage cabinets and bookshelves form the basic items of the home office furniture collections. Keeping the home office furniture collections in place makes your work from home more organized, productive and efficient.
- Invest in ergonomically designed furniture or the ones that suit your body comfort. Home office furniture collections come in various styles, shapes, patterns and designs. Select the furniture size and shape according to the area of the workspace. If you are using a corner of the room then invest in sleek and functional furniture. If you have a larger space you can go for higher end, high crafted furniture collections for your home office designs.
- Material that you select for your home office furniture collections is also of vital importance, although wooden furniture is an all time favorite with people, you can check out on steel, plastics, lather, glass and fiber material for your home office furniture collections.
- You can choose budget furniture to higher end costly home office furniture collections items. It is always advisable to buy home office furniture collections items at best deals offer during holiday seasons, festival seasons, sale clearances, local markets classifieds and online stores.
- The color of the home office furniture collections plays an important role in keeping your motivation and spirits high. Dark and bright colors are good for creative fields of jobs and light colors are good to calm you down and release your stress. Also keep the home décor in the house when buying home office furniture collections as matching sets will uplift the total look of the house.
- In the end it is your home office, take liberty with your imagination, budget and creative ideas and make a functional, practical and compatible work space area for your home. You can also take professional help and consultants to make your home office realty. Maintain the quality of the furniture collections as this will be useful when you decide to sell or replace or move the home office furniture collections in future.
Alternative Energy Stocks – New Entrant in the Stock Market Arena
Conservation and search for alternative energies make energy stocks very attractive for investors of all types. A few energy stocks can do wonders for your stock portfolio.
This article would help all those who invest in stocks and according to current trend is building energy stocks portfolio. Alternative energy stocks are the current favorite of stock market enthusiasts since they feel that by investing in them they are in a way encouraging the research, production and use of these alternative energies. Energy stocks have made their appearance in the stock market since 2000 and by the look of it have attracted many long term and short term stock trading enthusiasts.
2011 is already upon us and there are many ‘best stocks for 2011‘, ‘energy stocks to buy now 2011‘, ‘good stocks to buy now 2011‘ lists almost everywhere you look on the Internet. A common stock market investor can be confused between the various company names that feature in these. There is plenty of hot money flowing into alternative energy stocks these days and solar stocks seems to be a craze. Not that there are any new revolutionary solar cell manufacturing technology that has been unearthed, but precisely for the reason that common investors understand the concept of solar energy easily. Alternative energy stocks usually see serious stock investors investing in the top alternative energy companies like ADM, for long term.
Why to Invest in Stocks of Companies Dealing with Alternative Energy
Energy stocks are good long term investment since there are many countries that are vying for alternate source of energy for oil especially in the ever increasing price of oil scenario. Alternative energy would mean renewable sources of energy like solar power, natural gas, wind power etc. There are many companies which have their hands dipped in alternative energy research and production.
The time is right, if you want to invest in stocks of energy companies. You can research the lists of best stocks to buy now 2011 which would be available with stock brokers, brokerage firms and on the Internet and choose which stocks to buy now. If you are not averse to the risk element in the stock market, you can invest in penny stocks of energy companies. Just make sure that the information about the company you invest in is genuine. Getting help from a professional broker would go a long way in making right choices with regard to what stocks to buy now.
A financial planner would be able to guide you in selecting top 10 stocks to buy in 2011 in energy companies. You can begin with purchasing penny stocks, this ensures that your initial investment is small. Analyze the stock quotes prior to making your investment decisions.